1st Batch is SOLD OUT. - Pre-order Now for June Delivery
New for 2017, the BackStage is the first platform rack that offers full access to the rear of the vehicle. Either empty or with one or two bikes loaded, the rack can be swung to the passenger side for full access to the rear of the car. Perfect for camping, #vanlife, dog owners or anyone that needs full access to the back of the car. We tested on RVs, Sprinters, and Chevy Suburbans, the cantilevered arm swings out 41" so it works with all cars and trucks. Available for 2" soon and we are testing the 1.25" size for release in the fall of 2017.
Update - April 26, 2017:
- If you want one, it is strongly advised you pre-order one. The first batch is sold out.
- This item will be eligible for pro-purchase / partner discount codes in Fall 2017.
- BackStage is a two bike rack only and not expandable to three bikes.
- Click here for the user manual https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1455/3830/files/Backstage_Instructions_02-07-2017.pdf?12581734881738121624
- We originally called this rack the "MonoRail Swing", made a name change due to trademark issues. It is the same rack as the MonoRail Swing with a new name
- Pre-order yours now and it will be shipped to you in June.
Discount codes are not applicable to this product.
Product user guide found here.
Can I add a third or fourth bike?
- No, only the SplitRail or MonoRail can carry more than two bikes.
How much does it weight?
- The rack assembled is 58 lbs and the shipping weight of the box is 69 lbs.
Does it fold flat against the car when not in use?
- Yes. When folded, it sticks out 12" from the hitch.
I want one that swings to the left side, can I get that configuration?
- No. If parked on the street, the rack would swing into the traffic lane.
Can I use an extension with this?
- No. Extensions add more play to the system (you add a second joint), and the rack is subject to more rattle and vibration. If you use an extension, you void the warranty.