- Parts & Accessories
On occasion, bike racks need an adapter to fit the trending thru-axles, RockyMounts DriveShaft is a 12/15mm/20mm thru axle adapter that can handle all three sizes and the only one on the market to lock up your bike. It fits standard fork mounts from RockyMounts, Yakima®, and Thule®. It's wide mouth opening creates easy loading, holds tight with adjustable cam lever, and comes with snap in nylon shims to prevent the axle from being unscrewed and gives the ability to switch from 12mm to 15mm to 20mm thru axles, just like that. Comes with RockyMounts locks and keys.
The Driveshaft is BOOST 110 compatible.
***If you're looking for a truck bolt on solution we recommend the DriveShaft HM, found here. If you're looking for a solution that fits inside the bed channels on some Chevy®, GMC®, Nissan®, and Toyota® truck beds, check out the DriveShaft SD
- For a full list of features, click here.
- RockyMounts offers a Lifetime Warranty on all of our products purchased after January 1, 2014.
DriveShaft Instructions found here.
Whats the difference between the DriveShaft and the StreetRod.
- They both work great, the DriveShaft is locking the StreetRod is not.
My thru axle bike will not fit on my fork mount, will this adapt it?
What sizes does it fit?
12x100, 15x100, 15x110 and 20x110.
Is it compatible with 15 x 150 axles.
- No, since the axle is so long it could deform and might not fit into the hub.
Does it come with locks?
If it is locked, can’t someone just unscrew the axle?
No, the force of the clamp grips the axle. In testing, you can rotate the thru axle lever about 90 degrees and the lever will break. You need to rotate it about 5 complete turns to remove a thru axle, so it cannot happen.
Should I just get a new bike mount instead?
- Not a bad idea. Modern mountain bikes are longer and usually the older trays are not long enough. In addition, removing a wheel on a bike with disc brakes is more laborious. In our experience, riders buy an adapter, get sick of it after a year, then replace the rack. They do work well, but it is a band aid for the problem.
Will it fit my fork mount?
- The DriveShaft is compatible with fork mounts from all manufacturers.
Is it compatible with "Boost 110"?
- Yes, it will work with Boost 110 spacing.
How can I get two keyed alike?
- If you get them from a dealer, ask them to find two with the same keys (the key # is stamped on the bottom of the box). We try to ship them to our dealers so this is possible. If you order them from our website, we will do this automatically. Note: Many online dealers have remote warehouses and cannot provide this service. Please call/email them to verify they can do this.
Why can't the axle just be unscrewed when locked?
- The axle is gripped by the frame and is impossible to unthread before breaking the QR handle.
Is there a weight limit?
- Yes, there is a 35lb weight limit. Do not try to mount your moped.
How does it fit 12mm, 15mm, and 20mm axles?
- We include one set of snap-in nylon shims that will convert the stock 20mm setting to fit 15mm axles. 12mm shims are separately, here.