- Parts & Accessories
The DriveShaft Track is engineered to fit into pre-existing track system found in Toyota® Tacoma & Tundra, Chevy®, GMC®, and Nissan® truck beds, and fit bikes with 12mm, 15mm, and 20mm thru-axles (including BOOST 110). The DriveShaft Track mounts vertically to help save as much precious cargo space as possible, even allowing some bikes to be carried "sideways" (drive to passenger side) in the truck bed. Designed with a wide mouth opening to for easy bike loading/unloading and a T-Bolt that adjusts for a tight hold so the thru-axle cannot be unscrewed. Lock core and keys included.
All RockyMounts products can be keyed alike to other RockyMounts products. Ask your local dealer or simply add the core number (ex. E144) to the "comments" field at checkout. If you order two at a time, we will make sure they are keyed alike prior to shipping or ask your dealer.
From 2015 and on, the Toyota Tacoma does not come with the rail installed behind the cab. If you want to install the DriveShaft Track behind the cab, buy the truck rail from your toyota dealer or here https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyota-Accessories-PT278-35100-BH-Header/dp/B00DWVN9CK Unbolt the 5 bolts (already in your truck) and install this rail, it takes 5 minutes, easy and no drilling. If you mount the DriveShaft Track in the rails along the side, really long wheelbase bicycles do not fit. Road bikes are fine, mountain bikes are 50/50.
No bed channel system in the back of the truck or van? Head to you local Home Depot and pick up a strip of Uni Strut (some call it SuperStrut or Framing Channel. Model # ZB1400HS10 is the good stuff). The DriveShaft Track mounting hardware in compatible.
Looking to carry a bike with dropouts? The 9mm QR with Dummy Axle can help, although the bike will not be locked when the Dummy Axle is used.
What is the difference between the DriveShaft Track and DriveShaft HM?
- The DriveShaft track includes hardware to mount on track systems. It also has a compact design tomake the most out of your truck bed for longer wheelbase bikes.
Is it compatible with "Boost 110"?
- Yes, it will work with Boost 110 spacing.
Is it compatible with 15 x 150 axles.
- No, since the axle is so long it could deform and might not fit into the hub.
Does it lock?
- Yes, it includes a lock and two matching keys. How can I get two keyed alike? If you get them from a dealer, ask them to find two with the same keys (the key # is stamped on the bottom of the box). We try to ship them to our dealers so this is possible. If you order them from our website, we will do this automatically. Note: Many online dealers have remote warehouses and cannot provide this service. Please call/email them to verify.
Is there a weight limit?
- Yes, there is a 35lb weight limit. Do not try to mount your moped.
Will it fit my fork mount?
- If you're looking for a fork mount adapter, check out the DriveShaft thru-axle adapter, found here.
How does it fit 12mm, 15mm, and 20mm axles?
- We include one set of snap-in nylon shims that will convert the stock 20mm setting to fit 15mm axles. 12mm shims sold separately.
Can I put my road bike (standard fork) on it?
- Yes, but not out of the box. The DriveShaft HM has the option to purchase a separate Dummy Axle to use with standard fork drop-outs that clamps in place as your axle would. Please Note: If the Dummy Axle is used your bike will not be locked.
How does it lock? It looks like you can just unscrew the thru axle?
- When you clamp the cap down with the handle, there is too much friction and the thru axle cannot be turned.
Does it lock to the track?
- Yes, one of the screws is under the handle, so when the handle is locked, it cannot be unbolted from the track
What size axles does it fit?
- 12mm x 100mm, 15mm x 100mm, 15mm x 110mm (Boost), 20mm x 110mm
Does it come with mounting hardware?
The DriveShaft Track track comes with mounting hardware for track applications.
I want to mount this in the track on my Toyota Tacoma or Tundra, will it fit?
- Yes. It will also work with RockyMounts™,Nissan™ and GMC™ track systems.
I want to make a custom length track, is there anything that will work?