If you purchase mutiple DropTops and/or other racks, we will automatically key the entire order togther so every product will have matching locks.
Introducing the DropTop; our next locking bike fork mount that grows upon years of feedback and use. The DropTop utilizes a TPU overmolded shim to allow for both 12mm and 15mm axles to fit without the need for switching shims out. It is based upon the same clamshell design as the DriveShaft series, which allows for easy loading and adapts to minor differences in axle diameter or contouring. The DropTop also includes mounting holes for both horizontal and vertical mounting orientations, it replaces both the DriveShaft HM and DriveShaft Track Mounts.
- The only locking thru-axle track mount for truck and van tracks
- Compatible with 12mm, 15mm, & 20mm thru axles up to 110mm wide (for 20mm, shims must be removed)
- Vertical and horizontal mounting positions
- TPU overmolded shim eliminates the need to switch out shims for 12mm or 15mm axles
- Anti-Theft: TPU surface provides sufficient friction to stop the axle from being removed when DropTop is firmly clamped and locked
- Can fit QR bikes with our 9mm QR with Dummy Axle - sold separately
- Wide mouth opening to easily load your bike and a locking T-Bolt that adjusts for a tighter hold so the thru-axle cannot be removed when locked
- Carries 1 bike, up to 45 lbs
- Lock core, keys, and Track Hardware Included
- Track Plates measure 24mm x 35mm x 6mm thick with an M6 x 1mm tapped hole and can be installed in either orientation. See drawing in images
- Fits all Toyota Tacoma and Tundra Bed Rails 2010-2024
- This does not fit L-Track bby USA Cargo Control, you need this adapter plate as well, click here
For 9x100mm quick release or bolt on axles only, you can use the Dummy Axle with your DropTop.
Fitment Note: Due to the nature of the DropTop clamp not bracing the fork legs outward, there will be play when used with Mavic Speed Release and Specialized 12mm forks with an oversized non threaded fork leg. For those instances, please use a HotRod instead
Toyota Fitment: DropTop Mounting Hardware slides into the Factory installed rails on Tacomas & Tundras and most “track” systems (See dimension chart below for hardware specs)
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This thing is built right. Very good product
Great mount. I have had the previous version for years and needed an additional mount for another bike. I like the fact that it holds 12mm and 15mm axles without having to change inserts. The only downside so far is with my Lauf Seigla the lever to close the mount is very snug with the disc brake mechanism.
This is definitely the best thru-axle mount. Super fast and convenient to secure your bike and remove it. Solidly secures bike and does not rattle at all. It can mount boost (15x110) and non-boost (15x100) without any changes. This is the new and improved model that mounts both upright and flat on its side. They lowered the height some which is good for when using inside of SUVs and height is an issue. All in all, it is an excellent product and works well in my Xterra, but there are few issues with mounting it flat on it's side with mountain bike forks though. I would like to see a litter lower profile version, so I have more clearance in my Xterra with longer travel forks.
I picked one of these up for my 2020 Tacoma and it slide right into the track behind the cab. I was looking for a way to carry my Ibis Ripley and had been doing it like my moto by tiedowns to the handlebars. I heard this was bad for the forks (mine is a Fox 34) to keep them under compression for this long, so wanted something better. You can see the bike in the rear view mirror while driving and the bike does not move at all. I need a second one and will order another next paycheck.