The GuideRail steps away from the traditional carrying style of platform hitch racks; By utilizing dual load arms, the rack completely eliminates frame or fork contact, it allows for asymmetric bike loading to avoid handlebar interference, and it creates a simple aesthetic that virtually blends in with most vehicles. The GuideRail reduces plastic parts to a minimum and maintains the same capacity and reliability of the MonoRail Family. Carrying bikes up to 60lbs per tray, tires up to 3” wide, and wheelbases up to 55” the GuideRail can handle just about anything including most E-bikes. Included is a 10mm square link chain to secure your bikes without stress.
If you need to fit both 1.25" & 2" Hitches, purchase the 1.25" and the GuideRail 1.25" to 2" Adapter Sleeve here (limit 2 bikes)
- Carries 2 bikes, up to 60 lbs per tray (120 lbs total). Expandable to 3 bikes up to 45 lbs per tray, with Add-On (2" Only)
- Bike can be loaded asymmetrically to eliminate handlebar interference
- No contact with frame or fork, secures bicycle by contact with tires only
- Carries 19mm road tires up to 3.0” wide mountain bike tires, and diameters from 20” to 29”
- Compatible with bicycle wheelbases from 36” to 55”
- Folds flat against the vehicle, and tilts down 30 degrees to allow for hatch access
- Available for 1.25” and 2” Class II or higher hitch receivers
- Utilizes RockyMounts premium 3-axis anti wobble system
- Included 10mm square link chain provides best in class security
- Not for use with fender equipped bicycles
- Rack weight 49 lbs (shipping weight 61 lbs)
- Fit Memo- For cargo vans a fit check is required. Depending on hitch manufacturer, handlebar width, vehicle wheelbase, and accessories an 8" Hitch Extension may be required for handlebars to clear the door.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I previously owned a Monorail rack and loved it however I was looking for something new and easier for my wife to load the bikes. This rack is it. Its very sleek, easy to install, easy to load the bikes securely, and very stable driving down the road. The ratcheting design is the easiest to use in its class when compared to its competitors. I was willing to spend much more for a quality bike rack, but this is the best of both worlds: affordable, stable, good looking and exceeds all expectations. Thanks again for a great product and quick shipping.
I love the new rack. It’s well made and sturdy, and easy to install and remove from vehicle. It was extremely easy to put together; just 4 screws. It took less than 5 minutes to complete. I got this as an upgrade to the Monorail I got over 5 years ago. Now I have a rack for both vehicles.
I had the opportunity to use a 1Up rack before buying this GuideRail on pre-order and I consider the GuideRail an improvement. It assembled easily, is rock solid and easy to load. The ability to lock the ratchet open for loading is nice when you have one hand on the bike. The arms pivot smoothly and the mechanism for lowering the rack is easy to operate and never binds. The lock is burly and works well. The super clean design is just a bonus. While I've not had it for very long at all, my experience with other RockyMounts products is that they stand up over time and so I expect the same for my GuideRail.