We employed components from our SplitRail to develop the MonoRail. The MonoRail carries two bikes with an option for a third bike (2" model only) for up to three bike capacity. Holds kids bikes, road, mtn and fat bikes without missing a beat.
- 39 lbs assembled weight
- SImple 5 minute assembly.
- Fits bikes 20" to 29" wheels, road to fat bike tires 5" wide and 197mm rear spacing
- 13" spacing between bikes and 3" side to side adjustment provides plenty of room between bikes
- Handle located at end of rack for use, stowed and folded away positions
- Max weight 60 lbs per bike, 120 lbs per rack
- No bike frame contact, hook clamps front wheel
- CRMO hitch tube is light weight and corrosion resistant
- Included locks, bike to rack, rack to car with same key
- Anti-wobble hitch pin keeps the rack solid and secure
Does the MonoRail come in a 3 or 4 bike version?
Does it hold fat bikes?
Yes. It will fit tire widths up to 5.0” and has increased spacing to accommodate Rockshox Bluto forks and bikes with 197mm rear spacing.
Will this fit my kids bike?
The MonoRail will fit 20” to 29” wheel sizes.
Why is the MonoRail less expensive than the SplitRail?
The SplitRail is our premier hitch rack which includes extra features that the MonoRail does not such as lightweight aluminum upper construction, low profile design, tool free installation and integrated locks. The SplitRail is also expandable to 4 bikes where the MonoRail is only up to 3.
How much does it weigh?
Why doesn’t it use a standard hitch pin?
A hitch pin will cause the rack to rattle around a lot. Unlike trailers, bike racks ar top heavy and subject to swaying. We include a threaded bolt (tool included) to secure the rack to the hitch. It gets rid of 80% of the movement.
Can I go off-road?
We do not recommend any off road usage. When you take a car off road the forces applied to the rack are exponentially greater than normal use. If you do go off-road, drive carefully.
What is it made of?
The rack is comprised of a mix of materials including a cr-mo base, high strength steel upper construction, 6063 aluminum load arms and UV stable nylons.
Can I use this on my Trailer?
- No. Trailers have terrible suspension and will ultimately damage any hitch rack. Use on trailers will void the warranty.