The MonoRail is the most versatile rack in the RockyMounts line up. It has the capacity for all styles of bikes; from skinny tire road machines, up to heavy fat tire E-bikes, this rack has you covered.
- Carries 2 bikes ONLY, up to 60 lbs per tray (120 lbs total). 1.25" variant is NOT compatible with Add-On
- No contact with frame, secures bicycle by front wheel
- Carries road tires up to 5.0” fat bike tires, and diameters from 20” to 29”
- Compatible with bicycle wheelbases from 36” to 50”
- Folds flat against the vehicle and tilts down 30 degrees to allow for hatch access
- Includes anti-wobble hitch pin
- If you want to fit both 1.25" and 2" size hitches, get the 1.25" and our adaptor sleeve. This configuration does not allow for the use of an Add-On
- Includes locking hitch bolt, cable lock, and standard lock pods, keyed alike
- Note: Cable lock is not intended to be used while driving. Road vibrations can cause unintended wear on frames, rims, and the rack itself. Please remove cable lock when vehicle is in motion
- Not for use with fender equipped bicycles, or on Class I hitch receivers
- Rack weight 39 lbs (shipping weight 51 lbs)
- Fit Memo- For cargo vans a fit check is required. Depending on hitch manufacturer, handlebar width, vehicle wheelbase, and accessories an 8" Hitch Extension may be required for handlebars to clear the door
35 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I wanted this rack because as a women in her 60’s I wanted to be able to load and unload my bike by myself. It is straightforward, sturdy and good looking! A winner.
Cant say enough about these guys...the epitome of product excellence and customer service. The rack is awesome, and as other reviewers said was beyond easy to assemble, and the post sales support was the best. I had a problem with what I ordered (nothing to do with the rack or Rockymounts, my fault), they listened, and they solved my problem. Im happier than a pig in pooh!
I have had the rack for a short time. My bikes are much more secure than the trunk mount rack I have used for years. It also gives me the opportunity to carry a friends bike which I could not do before. Couple of observations: First, I found RockyMounts very easy to work with directly. They responded quickly and cordially to my email contacts with them. Kudos for them! Second, not to worry about assembling this out of the box. It is so easy that even..... well even a caveman can do it. After I have a few months using the Monorail I will post an update. At first blush, though, I am a happy camper.
I love my monorail platform hitch rack. I use the Rocky Mounts extension to kick it out past the spare tire on my Jeep. It works perfect with 2 bikes. My Surly Pugsly with its 4.5 inch tires fits just right. They include a strap extension for fat tires that works great. It was easy to put together and the quality is impeccable.
Love this hitch! Holds 2 ebikes. Easy to mount. Great price product. Highly recommend!
Out of the biking scene for 25 years and decided to purchase a hard tail plus bike. Fell in love with mountain biking and single track, but putting my bike in the back of my CX-5 was a pain, and didn't work when I needed the back seats or the trunk for anything else. I started researching bike racks and originally purchased a saris rack based on reviews. Part of the decision was because it worked with fat bikes - little did I know that you had to buy fat bike wheel trays at $50 each so that added $100 to the purchase price. Started research racks again, adding $100 dollar to my budget, and came across this rack. I LOVE IT! Such a better design than the Saris - easier to get bikes on and off, I can easily access the vehicle hatch by just lowering the bikes, and the rack folds in nicely when I'm not using it. The ease and simplicity of this design is absolutely amazing!
Great value. Purchased rack spring of 2019 from REI. Since, have put about 8000 miles of service carrying both a fattie plus hardtail between Mpls. Mn, Fort Collins Co., also with forays to Duluth Mn. ( up north as we refer to it here ). Have not had one issue with the rack. The versatility is another point that makes this rack exceptional since it will accommodate any of my various bikes. Did I mention what a GREAT VALUE compared to the other available manufacturers!!! Highly recommended.
The rack is easy to use, well-built and stable.
I did a ton of research on hitch racks and finally settled on the Monorail. Love this rack. Very simple and solid and works great. Went together very easy and holds my two heavy ebikes very well. Plus, I got a great deal from Rocky Mounts so wound up spending half what a comparable rack would be from Yakima and Thule. This is a great rack and I highly recommend it.