The MonoRail is the most versatile rack in the RockyMounts line up. It has the capacity for all styles of bikes; from skinny tire road machines, up to heavy fat tire E-bikes, this rack has you covered.
- Carries 2 bikes ONLY, up to 60 lbs per tray (120 lbs total). 1.25" variant is NOT compatible with Add-On
- No contact with frame, secures bicycle by front wheel
- Carries road tires up to 5.0” fat bike tires, and diameters from 20” to 29”
- Compatible with bicycle wheelbases from 36” to 50”
- Folds flat against the vehicle and tilts down 30 degrees to allow for hatch access
- Includes anti-wobble hitch pin
- If you want to fit both 1.25" and 2" size hitches, get the 1.25" and our adaptor sleeve. This configuration does not allow for the use of an Add-On
- Includes locking hitch bolt, cable lock, and standard lock pods, keyed alike
- Not for use with fender equipped bicycles
- Rack weight 39 lbs (shipping weight 51 lbs)
- Fit Memo- For cargo vans a fit check is required. Depending on hitch manufacturer, handlebar width, vehicle wheelbase, and accessories an 8" Hitch Extension may be required for handlebars to clear the door
34 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The RM guys have a winner in this new hitch rack. It went together easily and is massively solid for a relatively lightweight rack. Even heavier bikes lock down with two simple points of contact and stay put even on rough roads. Effortlessly folds up and down. Additionally, this rack is a great value if you shop the rest of the available offerings. I got it in two days even though I live in the boonies on the Oregon Coast. 5 STARS ++
I LOVE this rack! super easy to use, great looking. Nice components and easy to use..did I say that?! It's my first hitch/tray style rack and I feel great driving with the bikes on the freeway and around town. Hardly any movement and....so easy to use! But...it's not made here, sadly. Thanks for the great product though and I hope it lasts for years to come! oh, and customer service is fantastic! Thanks for replacing that part messed up in shipping so quickly.
Simple to assemble and mount. Tools included, but a 19mm socket wrench makes it easier. Directions indicate a 6mm Allen key (included too) but the screw heads and key are actually 5mm. Rack is snug, no rattles. So easy to mount bikes. So far 23mm 650s, 25mm 700c and 3" mid fats in the rack - like it was built for each. Thanks RockyMounts. Fits great, looks great and simple to use. Fits the TSX Wagon like a charm.
If you have a kick arse fat bike carrying hitch rack, shouldn't it not bang into the fork itself????
I originally had a Thule T2 bike rack which got the job done but always felt like it was kind of cheesy. This rack is amazing, it has a high quality build and folds up super compact against the trunk compared to the Thule. The angled wheel trays are super intuitive so you don't have to adjust the position depending on the size of your bike like you have to with the Thule. The only thing I like better about the Thule is it has cable locks built in to the load arm but that's really just a convenience. Super impressed with the quality you get for the price you pay. Definitely will be back in the future for all of my rack needs.
Guys you won’t be disappointed with this rack! This rack looks nice, sturdy, and easy to assemble. Thanks to the Fall-code deal and got it for $300 :)
I gave my Monorail rack a test run on an over 400 mile road trip with a 4.7 Farley fatbike on back. It works wonderfully and held on perfectly. The ability to tip it to gain access to the tail of my Crosstrack is great too. My only suggestion is a better lock for the rack and cable. It'll keep the honest people honest, but not much beyond that. Overall very satisfied.
This rack is a breeze to set up. Lay out materials, back up the truck and go to town. They provide everything you need including wrenches, locks and cable. I had to shim with some small wedges of wood to get it extra stable, but that is just because of the slight play in the 2" receiver. No biggie. It took less than 30 minutes to have the rack set up and bikes loaded. Also find that taking bikes on and off is super easy as well. This rack is a phenomenal value and guys at the RM were totally helpful along the way.
After nearly seven years using an inexpensive hitch rack it was time for a better model. After much research I decided on this monorail hitch rack. I've used it twice now and it is a very sturdy, effective, well designed rack at a fraction of the price of the well known brands. An included lock is an option for other racks but not this one. Highly recommend.