The MonoRail is the most versatile rack in the RockyMounts line up. It has the capacity for all styles of bikes; from skinny tire road machines, up to heavy fat tire E-bikes, this rack has you covered.
- Carries 2 bikes, up to 60 lbs per tray (120 lbs total). 2” variant is expandable to 3 bikes up to 45 lbs per tray, with Add-On
- No contact with frame, secures bicycle by front wheel
- Carries road tires up to 5.0” fat bike tires, and diameters from 20” to 29”
- Compatible with bicycle wheelbases from 36” to 50”
- Folds flat against the vehicle and tilts down 30 degrees to allow for hatch access
- Includes anti-wobble hitch pin
- If you want to fit both 1.25" and 2" size hitches, get the 1.25" and our adaptor sleeve. This configuration does not allow for the use of an Add-On
- Includes locking hitch bolt, cable lock, and standard lock pods, keyed alike
- Note: Cable lock is not intended to be used while driving. Road vibrations can cause unintended wear on frames, rims, and the rack itself. Please remove cable lock when vehicle is in motion
- Not for use with fender equipped bicycles
- Rack weight 39 lbs (shipping weight 51 lbs)
- Fit Memo- For cargo vans a fit check is required. Depending on hitch manufacturer, handlebar width, vehicle wheelbase, and accessories an 8" Hitch Extension may be required for handlebars to clear the door
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is not the most popular bike rack out there, but I would say, this bike rack has a solid performance. I love my bikes and I have spent a lot of money on my bikes and feel very confident that everytime I mount my bikes on my Monorial 2", my bike will be in good hands. I have seen other racks wabble while moving. This monorial is very stable and very secure. I would highly recommend this to any of my friends.
Over a year deep and boy oh boy are we impressed. We use this almost daily for BMX racing (4-5days a week) all year. Super simple to use and ridiculously quick to get the bikes on and off. Best of all it's stable and I can't tell it's there. It has lived on the back of my Jeep through all seasons and weather, car washes, blizzards, etc., I never take it off, and it always works. Even after an incident involving an emergency moving of my kids 160 pound dirt bikes. To my amazement nothing broke or was bent out of shape. Thank you for a product that's definitely worth every penny.
Cannot beat this rack for the money. Out performs my Thule that was $200 more for stability. I read reviews before purchasing and was not expecting it to be my go to rack but rather one for my sons car. I have commandeered it as my primary rack and use it for everything from local to road trips. I’ve used it with my lightweight C bike and my buddies 50+ pound ebike. It is as secure if not more than racks that cost hundreds more. Very pleased with the company and the product. Strongly recommend RockyMounts.
After using it for a week, I see this rack is one of the best rack I could get in the price range I was looking for. Simple, easy to use and nice quality!!
Just received this setup, it took about 30 minutes to setup and load the bikes, but that's because the left handed boyfriend decided to put the hitch pin in going left to right not right to left. The setup was super easy and everything felt secure when we left. At the halfway point in our trip where we usually stop, I checked how the bikes felt, and those puppies weren't going anywhere. That's after 3 hours of highway driving on a very windy day. The rack had now worrying bounce to it like you read in other reviews for different products. So far so good!
I purchased this rack in late 2018 to use with our Honda CRV and we love it. It is easy to mount and handle and easy to load and unload the bicycles. The design is great! We also really like the ability to access the back of the vehicle with the bikes on the rack. I would highly recommend this rack.
This is a great rack! I have been in the bike rack industry for a long time. Coming from another high end rack brand my hopes were high. This rack is light and super easy to use. The adjustments are precise. I live that it even comes with locks. Setup is super simple and it looks great on my vehicle. I also like how light and easy it is to carry and store when not in use. Above all else, RockyMounts supports first responders which is my main reason for choosing this brand.
While I'm embarrassed to admit this, it's only fair to describe what happened because this rack deserves a five-star review. We were in the middle of connecting the rack to the truck hitch when interrupted by a friend's call for help. When we got back to finish the job, we forgot that no hitch pin had been inserted and drove off, with our two bikes loaded. Made it five miles before seeing, in the rear view mirror, the rack, bikes included, slide off the truck, going 45 mph. Luckily, it landed in a middle turning lane without hitting anyone or anyone hitting it. Remarkably, the rack landed "standing up" and the only damage was scuffing on the tilt handle and a plastic piece on the bottom. The impact did jar the bikes slightly, tilting the seat on one and damaging the grip on the other; that's it! The two people who stopped to help couldn't stop talking about the rack and we all agreed that there isn't a better test of a well-built rack (though we definitely don't want to try it again). Thanks you guys; great product!
While embarrassed to admit this, it's only fair to share the review: