The AfterParty is our second generation swing away platform hitch rack. While updating and applying the base from the BackStage with the innovative platform from the GuideRail, the afterparty is the ideal rack for Vans, Trucks, or SUVs where access to the rear end of the vehicle is needed. By utilizing dual load arms, the rack completely eliminates frame or fork contact, it allows for asymmetric bike loading to avoid handlebar interference, and it creates a simple aesthetic that virtually blends in with most vehicles. Carrying bikes up to 60lbs per tray, tires up to 3” wide, and wheelbases up to 55” the AfterParty can handle just about anything including most E-bikes. Included is a 10mm square link chain to secure your bikes without stress.
- Can swing out a full 180* from the rear of the vehicle to allow for complete access to the back end
- Carries 2 bikes, up to 60 lbs per tray (120 lbs total). Not expandable, or compatible with the GuideRail Add-On
- Bike can be loaded asymmetrically to eliminate handlebar interference
- No contact with frame or fork, secures bicycle by contact with tires only
- Carries 19mm road tires up to 3.0” wide mountain bike tires, and diameters from 20” to 29”
- Compatible with bicycle wheelbases from 36” to 55”
- Folds flat against the vehicle, and tilts down 30 degrees to allow for hatch access
- Only available for 2" hitches. Utilizes RockyMounts premium 3-axis anti wobble system
- Included 10mm square link chain provides best in class security
- Not for use with fender equipped bicycles (You can use a foam pad, but we cannot be responsible for damaged fenders)
- Rack weight 60 lbs (shipping weight 83 lbs)
- Fit Memo- For cargo vans a fit check is required. Depending on hitch manufacturer, handlebar width, vehicle wheelbase, and accessories an 8" Hitch Extension may be required for handlebars to clear the door.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Rocky Mount Afterparty Swing Away rack works great. It is as advertised. We have it on our F-150. The tailgate doesn't open all the way with the rack tilted out - but the swing-away provides full access. We are very happy with the rack.
Great well built rack that is easy to operate. Wish you made an adapter kit so it could handle 4” wide tires.