The SplitRail LS goes beyond just a hitch rack with a balance between aesthetics and functionality that is best in class. The SplitRail design puts everything in the right place, while visually creating a clean rack that will compliment your vehicle's good looks. The largest carrying capacity, up to 4 bikes with Add-Ons, and the deep wheel cups make the SplitRail LS incredibly secure and versatile. Integrated locks keep your bikes safe for those quick trips, while the soft touch hooks keep it firmly secure without frame contact.
- Carries 2 bikes, up to 60 lbs per tray (120 lbs total). Expandable to 3 or 4 bikes up to 45 lbs per tray, with Add-Ons
- Tray can be adjusted 4” side-to-side to avoid bike interference
- No contact with frame, secures bicycle by front wheel
- Carries road tires up to 3.0” wide mountain bike tires, and diameters from 20” to 29”
- Compatible with bicycle wheelbases from 34” to 50”
- Folds flat against the vehicle, and tilts down 30 degrees to allow for hatch access
- Only available for 2" hitches. Utilizes RockyMounts premium 3-axis anti wobble system
- Integrated cable locks secure individual bikes to trays, locking hitch bolt and premium lock pod secures rack to car, keyed alike
- Includes wall mount hook for easy storage
- Not for use with fender equipped bicycles
- Rack weight 44 lbs (shipping weight 58 lbs)
- Fit Memo- For cargo vans a fit check is required. Depending on hitch manufacturer, handlebar width, vehicle wheelbase, and accessories an 8" Hitch Extension may be required for handlebars to clear the door.
13 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The rack is rock solid in terms of build. I purchased a couple of add ons to make it a 4 bike carrier. With the add on installed it makes it a heavy unit, not the type you take on and off a vehicle, better left on. This leads to my biggest complaint. With the add ons installed it makes the release for tilting harder to reach. Personally I have long arms so not a problem for me, but my wife can not reach it. She has to basically climb underneath to reach the release then use her back to push up. This makes it hard to leave on her vehicle all the time. If we only had the carrier and no add ons this would be awesome. Built in locks are a nice feature. Holds bike securely and many sizes from 29er to kids 20".
I had a little bit of analysis paralysis going before finally purchasing this rack. I researched and/or tried every make and model I could get my hands on and was wondering if I would ever pull the trigger. I finally made the call and I could not be happier with the Splitrail LS! It is rock solid on the hitch, no wobbling at all even on dirt roads. It holds a variety of different sized bikes with ease (so far 29er, road bike, kids bikes, etc) with little to no adjustments. Easy access to trunk with bikes on or off. And to top it off, it is the best value I could find when comparing with like competitors. Big thank you to RockyMounts team for answering all my pre-sales questions, great customer service and I send anyone who asks your way!
Design is great - low profile, including ability to open hatchback with empty rack in the up position. I would assume this is vehicle specific. The ease of getting rack to loading position is so simple and can be done with one hand, no cotter pins to remove and replace. The arms move easily out of the way and provide for easy loading of bikes. The integrated cable lock in each arm is really cool design feature. Highly recommend this rack!
MY old thule t2 was pretty old and i needed a new one. the thule one worked well (it rusted quickly was my only complaint), but the large issue i had was dragging on the ground going in and out of my driveway. i have a subaru outback with a 2" hitch and the end of the rack was getting really beat up dragging on the ground when pulling out of a hill or decline (my driveway or parking garage). this one from rockymounts solved the problem. it is angled up and the end is higher than my old rack. rest of the rack works well, i really like the storage hook, my old one was always in the way on the garage floor, this one came with a bracket and stores nicely on the wall out of the way. would buy again.