The SwitchHitter is the future-proof solution for those who want a low profile, roof mounted option. An incredibly versatile and intuitive option- it will stay with you as your bike quiver evolves.
- Carries 1 bike, up to 45 lbs on Thule® or Yakima® crossbars, 35 lbs on factory crossbars
- Future-proof fork mount for both QR and Thru-Axle. Compatible with 12x100, 15x100, 15x110, and 9x100 quick release. does not work with 12x110mm thru-axle
- Carries road tires on up to 3.0” wide mountain bike tires, and diameters from 20” to 29”
- Compatible with wheelbases from 34” to 48”
- Crossbar Spread: Minimum 16" (41cm) Maximum 48" (122cm)
- Includes two fitting options: Stainless steel mounting straps for wrap around fits of factory, round, square, and Thule® Evo crossbars - OR - Integrated slotted crossbar mounts
- Rack weight 9 lbs (shipping weight is 10.5 lbs)
- Lock cores sold separately
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The bar bounces around and is a little noisy.
This rack fits everything from QR to DH bikes and it very easy to swap between inserts. Its very solid and quiet, I'm very happy with them. I have them mounted to yakima wispbars.
Easy to use and very versatile from road bikes to mountain bikes w/ plus tires. Great purchase.
I have the jet, dual racks. I want to go to switchhitter on one side for my 12mm through axle cross bike. Can I use same lock core from my jet?
At first I was second-guessing this purchase when the LBS guy told me this was the one to get. Why would I need all the options for the front fork mount when all road bikes use QR? Turns out I ended up buying a new road bike with disc brakes that used a 12mm thru-axle, and the genius of this rack was thus revealed. I also appreciated all the color choices (went with white to match the car), and the built-in lock. The whole thing has a very clean design (especially without the QR lever hanging out) and I have no problem keeping it mounted. The only thing that annoyed me was the "rockymounts" sticker, which didn't want to lay flat or come off. With some Goo-Gone and elbow grease it ceased to be a problem.
Great customer service (Rod from RM talked with me for about 15 minutes to help me figure out if this rack was best for my needs) and extremely impressive build quality. I'm going to keep trying to sell my friends on RM's products. Pretty darn good stuff.
Love how sleek and easy to use the SwitchHitter is. Very affordable and allows me to have confidence in securely transporting my bikes! Thanks RockyMounts!
I have the issue of running a QR road bike and 15x110 mountain bike. This product meets my needs perfectly, I can switch between the two axle sizes with minimal labor. It also fits perfectly on my Subaru factory cross bars! Just wish it had more colors.
I bought two white Switch hitter bike racks from their Boulder store. Very friendly staff, and quick installation. These racks are very aerodynamic on my Thule roof rack, I don't notice any whistle sound or MPG drop when driving. Bike mounting is simple. My car has pretty stiff suspension, a good fork mount like this helps keeping the center of gravity low, and it helps keeping my bike stable.